CodePath’s iOS course is a project-based exploration of mobile app development, focusing on the design and implementation of RESTful API clients. Students strengthen their technical skills by completing coding labs and building fully functioning apps using APIs and Apple SDKs.
IOS102: Intermediate iOS Development
- Build engaging UIs
- Design user experiences and UI flows using wire-framing techniques
- Interact with cloud-based APIs to work with remote data
- Use iPhone’s camera to capture moments in your apps
- Implement real-time messages/reminders in apps
Who should apply?
This course is for college students interested in majoring or minoring in computer science or other forms of computing-related subjects.
CodePath’s mission is to increase diversity in tech by transforming college C.S. education for students who are historically underserved in the industry. This includes (but is not limited to) individuals who self-identify as Black/African American, Latinx/Hispanic, Indigenous, female/female-identifying, and students who come from low-income backgrounds or are first-generation college students. Our rolling admissions process gives priority to students from these populations, and our course is open to and free for all freshmen and sophomores. We encourage you to apply.
- Admission closes on February 5th.
- Admission is determined on a rolling basis, with decisions released every week.
- Classes begin on February 21st
- Students must attend a 2-hour mandatory session per week.
- Students are expected to attend all sessions, weekly classes, and labs.
- Students must be currently enrolled in a US college or university.
- Students must have sufficient access to a computer in order to complete coursework.
- Applicants must complete the pre-work for the course. The pre-work instructions will be released via email on December 19th.
- February 21st - April 25th, Tuesdays from 5PM - 7PM PST
- You must have access to a Mac computer (with the latest Mac OS installed) that can download and run XCode 12.
- Mac® OS X® 10.10 (Yosemite) or higher, up to 10.14 (macOS Mojave)
- RAM: 4 GB RAM minimum, 8 GB RAM recommended
- For Mac: click on the Apple logo at the top left-hand corner, then click "About this Mac."
- Hard Drive Free Space: At least 10 GB of available disk space
You can view our FERPA compliance policy here.