What is the Cybersecurity course?
The Cybersecurity course focuses on teaching students the fundamentals of web application security with the aim of providing a foundational level of knowledge matched with offensive and defensive skills developed through hands-on experience. Students will learn the basics of cybersecurity and common vulnerabilities and attacks, receiving hands-on practice in both exploitation techniques and strategies for protecting and hardening applications. Developed in partnership with Facebook, the course introduces a wide range of topics via a combination of sessions, videos, projects, and labs, giving students both a thorough grounding in the details of cybersecurity and an introduction to the broader landscape of information security.
- Course start: Beginning of your university's Fall 2017 semester
- Course Duration: 12 Weeks
- Weekly Session Duration: 2 hours
- Session Frequency: 2 sessions per week
- Activities and Assignments: Weekly projects, labs and Capture the Flag competition
- Time Commitment per week outside of class: 10+ hours
- Class size: Cohorts will be made up of 20-30 students and at least 2 Teaching Assistants