What is the CodePath.org Cybersecurity course?
The Cybersecurity course focuses on teaching students the fundamentals of web application security with the aim of providing a foundational level of knowledge matched with offensive and defensive skills developed through hands-on experience. Students will learn the basics of cybersecurity and common vulnerabilities and attacks, receiving hands-on practice in both exploitation techniques and strategies for protecting and hardening applications. Developed in partnership with Facebook, the course introduces a wide range of topics via a combination of sessions, videos, projects, and labs, giving students both a thorough grounding in the details of cybersecurity and an introduction to the broader landscape of information security.
- Course start: 1st week of your university's Spring 2018 semester (Exact date and time TBD)
- Course Duration: 12 Weeks
- Weekly Session Duration: 2 hours
- Session Frequency: 1 session per week
- Activities and Assignments: Weekly attack-based security challenges and Capture the Flag (CTF)
- Time commitment per week outside of class: 5-10+ hours
- Class size: 20-40 students
- Ideal for CS and related majors
Check out more details on the http://codepath.org/classes) or email us if you have any questions.