About the CodePath Cybersecurity Course
The Cybersecurity course focuses on teaching students the fundamentals of web application security with the aim of providing a foundational level of knowledge matched with offensive and defensive skills developed through hands-on experience. Students will learn the basics of cybersecurity and common vulnerabilities and attacks, receiving hands-on practice in both exploitation techniques and strategies for protecting and hardening applications. Developed in partnership with Facebook, the course introduces a wide range of topics via a combination of sessions, videos, projects, and labs, giving students both a thorough grounding in the details of cybersecurity and an introduction to the broader landscape of information security.
Application deadline is February 17th (Apply early)
Note: This course meets onsite in your university campus and will require weekly assignment submissions.
- Course Duration: Typically 13 Weeks (or depending on your university)
- Activities and Assignments: Weekly labs and capture the flags (CTF)
- Time Commitment: 5-10+ hours per week in addition to in-class time
- Attendance: Students are expected to attend all in-person, weekly classes and labs
Review the FERPA compliance policy here.
Check out the course schedule HERE.
For credit : Enroll via university
- California State of San Bernardino (IST 590)
- City College of New York (CSC 59938): Jan 28
- Hofstra University (CSC 007, CSC143V/291E): Jan 30
- Merritt College: Jan 25
- Mississippi State University (CSE 4253/6253): Jan 7
- University of Florida - Gainsville (CIS 4930/6930): Jan 7
Non-credit: Open enrollment
- San Jose State University
- Berea College
If your university is not on the list, please fill out this short university request form so that we can bring this course to your university. Sign up for our mailing list to get notified once this course is available in your campus.