What is the iOS for CS Majors course?
The iOS for CS Majors course features twelve weeks of intense, project-focused iOS training inspired by our professional bootcamps and facilitated by CodePath-trained Teaching Assistants. Classes meet on campus twice a week for two-hour lab and coding sessions. During the first half of the course, students build their skills through labs and projects using the APIs of popular apps like Tumblr, Yelp and Twitter. Students then apply what they’ve learned in the second half of the course, working together in small teams to build a completely original app from the ground up. The culmination of the course is a Demo Day event at which students present their finished products to an audience of peers, faculty and industry professionals.
- Course start: 1st week of your university's Spring 2018 semester
- Course Duration: 12 Weeks
- Weekly Session Duration: 2 hours
- Session Frequency: 2 sessions per week
- Language: Swift
- Activities and Assignments: Weekly app projects, labs and creation of original group project app
- Time commitment per week outside of class: 10+ hours
- Class size: 20-30 students and at least 2 Teaching Assistants