About the CodePath iOS Course
With over 1 billion active Apple devices, knowing how to create iOS apps has the potential to connect you with hundreds of millions of users worldwide. More and more, students are realizing how vital and valued it is to have iOS development skills and experiences, especially if you want to make a difference within the tech industry.
The iOS for university course features twelve weeks of intense, project-focused iOS training inspired by our professional bootcamps and facilitated by CodePath-trained Teaching Assistants. Classes meet on campus twice a week for two-hour lab and coding sessions. During the first half of the course, students build their skills through labs and projects using the APIs of popular apps like Tumblr, Yelp and Twitter. Students then apply what they’ve learned in the second half of the course, working together in small teams to build a completely original app from the ground up. The culmination of the course is a Demo Day event at which students present their finished products to an audience of peers, faculty and industry professionals.
- Course Start Date: 1st week of your university’s semester
- Course Duration: 12 Weeks
- Activities and Assignments: Weekly app projects and labs + an original group app
- Time Commitment: 5-10+ hours per week in addition to in-class time
- Attendance: Students are expected to attend all in-person, weekly classes and labs
- Required Materials: Because of the course subject, students must ensure they have access to a Mac device in order to complete coursework
- Coding Language: Swift
Check out the course syllabus for more details.
FERPA compliance policy