About the CodePath iOS Course
With over 1 billion active Apple devices, knowing how to create iOS apps has the potential to connect you with hundreds of millions of users worldwide. More and more, students are realizing how vital and valued it is to have iOS development skills and experiences, especially if you want to make a difference within the tech industry.
The iOS for university course features twelve weeks of intense, project-focused iOS training inspired by our professional bootcamps and facilitated by CodePath-trained Teaching Assistants. Classes meet on campus twice a week for two-hour lab and coding sessions. During the first half of the course, students build their skills through labs and projects using the APIs of popular apps like Tumblr, Yelp and Twitter. Students then apply what they’ve learned in the second half of the course, working together in small teams to build a completely original app from the ground up. The culmination of the course is a Demo Day event at which students present their finished products to an audience of peers, faculty and industry professionals.
Note: This course meets in-person at your university campus and will require weekly projects and lab submissions.
- Course Duration: 12 Weeks
- Activities and Assignments: Weekly app projects and labs + an original group app
- Time Commitment: 5-10+ hours per week in addition to in-class time
- Attendance: Students are expected to attend all in-person, weekly classes and labs
- Required Materials: Because of the course subject, students must ensure they have access to a Mac device in order to complete coursework
- Coding Language: Swift
Review the FERPA compliance policy here.
Check out the course schedule HERE.
For credit : Enroll via university
- California State University - Dominguez Hills: ~Jan 31 (ITC395 01)
- California State University, Monterey Bay: Jan 23 (CST 495)
- College of Southern Nevada: Jan 24 (CIT238B)
- CSU San Francisco State: Jan 30 (MW 6:30-8:30 pm) - Independent Study
- Delaware State University: Jan 16
- Purdue University: Jan 7 (CS49000iOS)
Non-credit : Open enrollment
- CUNY Baruch College: Feb 5
- CUNY Queens College: Feb 11 (MW 7:15-8:30 pm)
- Howard University: Jan 28
- San Jose State University: Jan 25 (F 4:00-6:00 pm)
- University of Arizona: Jan 23 (MW 4:00-6:00 pm)
- University of California, Irvine: Jan 7 (M Su 10:00-10:50 am)
- University of California, San Diego: Feb 12
- University of Texas at Austin: Jan 28
Deferred to Fall 2019
- Merritt College
- Mount Holyoke College
- University of Michigan
If your university is not on the list, please fill out this short university request form so that we can bring this course to your university. Sign up for our mailing list to get notified once this course is available in your campus.